Whelp... Sam's finally home again. Her Dad, Mom, and sister (Katie) came to Davis to spend time with her and they've been great to have around. We all went over to the Sorbello parents' abode where Sam utilized their shower-with-a-seat to take the shower she had been longing for (though she had to wear a plastic bag over her cast). Then we went to Lampost for dinner, but Sam was laid out by her new pain medication (Norco), and we came home to let her relax. She was dizzy, nauseated, and literally falling asleep at the table. Powerful stuff that Norco. The prescription is for one or two pills every four hours, but I think we'll stick with one pill at a time. :)
Here are some pictures:
Picture 1: Sam's ankle as they unwrapped the soft cast to check the ankle for infection.

Picture 2: The inside of her ankle has 13 staples in it. For a close up, just click on the picture. I didn't get a chance to photograph the other side of the ankle (the side they put the plate in), and the incision there is even longer than this one!

Picture 3: Sam eating her hospital food sporting a new hard cast.

Picture 4: Sam at home on the couch - before taking her pain pills!
2 comments:
Ah, yes, the staples! They used those for my c-section too. 6 inches of pure beauty.
NORCO!!! No wonder Grandma acted how she did. Powerful stuff.
So nice to be home, eh?
Hi
I came across your blog through Google. How is your ankle these days?
I have exactly the same injury as you......
I have 11 screws and a steel plate also, possibly more than you as my Tibia also split in two when I broke it. But being awake during the operation sounds horrendous?
Are you going to have your metal work taken out?
Tom X
amotom@gmail.com
Post a Comment