Shiloh here: Thanks Mom and Dad for taking such good care of Sam while I was gone! Back to Sam...
On Thursday night, our friends Jeremy McChesney and Carie Brueckner drove me to meet Shiloh for a little double-date in the City. We ate at the oldest Italian restaurant in America, Fior d'Italia, and then made our way to Ghiradelli for sundaes, banana splits, and milkshakes. The best part of the whole night, however, was going back to Shiloh's retro hotel room at the Sheraton and watching March Madness (Shiloh)/napping (the rest of us) until the worst of the traffic passed. It was a fun adventure, but maybe not the best remedy for a healing foot...
At the doctor Friday morning, I was expecting to find a nicely healed leg under layers and layers of gauze, but instead I uncovered this lovely sight: a dry, red, puffy, hairy ankle with Frankenstein scars on both sides. I thought it was disgusting, but Dr. Gaggero seemed to think it looked really good. However, my foot was still more swollen than he liked, so he had my leg put back into a splint for a week before he puts me into a lightweight, fiberglass hard cast. He also said that I can't go back to work yet, because I haven' t been elevating my leg enough. Phooey.
Take a good look at this one. The outside scar had not yet been photo-documented, and it's even bigger than the one on the inside! Here is where they put the plate and five screws to hold my precious fibula together.
This one is out of order. It's the shot that Justin went back to get on his cell phone per Shiloh's request, but the paramedics had already started to put my foot back together. (Shiloh's note: This is also right before Justin passed out and fell on his face, giving himself a concussion.)Finally, we arrive at today, Wednesday, the three month mark! The first trimester is officially over and I escaped with no morning sickness. I'm not "showing" yet, which is a little sad, because I feel like it will validate pregnancy a little more. I was telling this to Jen Rogelstad, who is due in June, and she said to enjoy being comfortable because it won't last long!
- 140 lbs - lost muscle
- big appetite
- broken ankle (4 more weeks in cast)

5 comments:
Ooooh. Such great photos. They start out fun, then frank-o-foot, then a prego Shiloh. Not a pretty sight. :D
P.S. I couldn't stop laughing at Shiloh's expression and curled up toes...such effort to pooch his stomach out.
Oh my goodness, I was dying. I had to contain my laughter so Luke wouldn't wake up, but the second Sam shot where you are trying desperately to make the baby pop out, and then the one of Shiloh. I was dying. You guys are so hilarious.
P.S. I can't wait til you show. You will be so cute. Don't get your hopes up. No one knew I was pregnant til almost 6 months. So frustrating.
makin' me laugh! sam, your kid is gonna look back at that 3-month picture and marvel and what a hott (with two "T"s) mom they have.
just sayin'.
btw, i am still having difficulty comprehending that you're going to have a kid. i'll work on that. ;)
You're gorgeous, Sam. Belly will come soon enough, you'll see. Shiloh, I think you've lost your belly-extending touch since your competition moved to Ohio.
Post a Comment