Monday, May 18, 2009

Mothers!

This year was my first "real" Mother's Day because Siena made it safely out of the womb 8 months ago! Now she weights 20.5 lbs and is about 29 inches LONG. Because this was my first year to be celebrated, we set some precedents/traditions that will hopefully be continued for many, many years. Shiloh's "love language" isn't gift-giving, so rather than burden him with the task of finding me just what I want, he agreed to do "whatever I wanted to do." Awesome.

We began with a trip to Starbucks and Fluffy's Donuts before church. Siena has learned to drink from a straw pretty effectively and recognizes a starbucks ice water from meters away. She's her mama's baby.



Then we loaded Siena into the bike trailer and biked to church. Siena wore her new sunglasses and hat, courtesy of great-aunt Carole's Hanna Andersson gift card!



Then we had a fabulous BBQ at the Armstrong's place in Orchard Park. What a day!

The family.



Bethany, slaving away to make a tasty meal for all. What a servant she is!



Bethany's high school friend, Angela, came by for a little while.



Siena got love from all around. Bethany, Poppy, Daddy...







Zekers got some of his own attention. From Grammy...



...and from Uncle Shi - his first time ever holding Zeke!



Until Luke woke up from his nap, the men (and Sarah) played Bocce.





And then Luke woke up. He took some time un-grumpifying, helped by Poppy.



And then he became Luke the Entertainer, once again. (Here rejoicing at hitting the ball, so patiently pitched by Richie over... and over... and over, until he struck.)



A family portrait to end with.



And our cute little lovebug.

6 comments:

Megsruggles said...

That's an adorable family portrait!

Grammy said...

I LOVE the last family pic! And the one of Siena with her pink sunglasses. Move over, Audrey Hepburn!

The Armstrong Brood said...

You are really good at sorting through photos and finding the best. I am not. :-)

Evan and Lyndsey Hendrix said...

I had tears in my eyes! The pictures of you guys and Siena are so precious! I miss you guys sooo much!!! I hope you can still come and visit this summer and we will be down in July!

Gracie Cole said...

"womb?" WOMB?? sam, i thought better of you.

and shi, was that really your first time holding zeke?? i live on the other side of the country, and even i've held him. i don't believe it.

ok, hp.

Julie said...

Siena is absolutely adorable. What a beauty she is already!