This might be a fairly long post since we're trying to catch up since May 22 and we take looooots of pictures. The best of the best are here, categorized for your viewing pleasure according to the old wedding adage: something old, something blue, something borrowed, something blue. No one got married, but it was fun anyhow. :)
SOMETHING(s) OLDJeremy McChesney. That's why a large crowd gathered to watch his last outing as a UCD pitcher. He went 7+ innings and did a grrrrreat job! A good end to his career. Now on to a new one.


Winning championships. We're trying to train Siena in the way she should go by setting good examples. This quarter (despite some shenanigans) we brought home titles in W Football, CoRec Softball, M Softball, W Whiffleball, and M Whiffleball. When playoffs finally ended we sat at home on a weeknight with nothing to do. Shiloh commented, "Wow, this is nice." We'll see if we remember that feeling when sign-ups come around again.




I feel that I need to explain our outfits because they don't look like ordinary sporting attire. Most of us who played have done many an intramural palooza which are 24 hour tournaments coupled with costume contests. We think this may have been our last go, so we all wore a costume from one of our themes over the years: pirates, nerds, 80s, bugs, ninjas, punk rockers, cave people, etc.
Friends. Julie, a friend from high school, came to visit and we spent the whole day traipsing around Davis on bikes: Starbucks, Arboretum, Burgers&Brew, Orchard Park, and Cherry picking. I'm trying to convince her to move to Davis. Anyone want to hire a speech pathologist? We took a lot of pictures because Julie just got a fancy new camera. Another old friend from college, Kelly, came to visit too!
SOMETHING(s) NEW


(This quiche was the inaugural one made by Julie. Notice that it does have a crust.)
Teeth! Siena has popped one through and is working on the second. Being the perfect baby that she is, the process has been unaccompanied by any sort of crankiness thus far. One night last week she had a fever of 101.5 F, but you couldn't have guessed it from her attitude. Since then she's learned to take good bites (sometimes too big) of things like chocolate chip cookies, berry cobbler, cherries, and diet coke (sans les dents). Can you guess who let her have all those things? DAD.

Small white bump forming on her lower left gum. This was the first day sharpness could be felt and Siena spent all day running her tongue over the funny foreign object in her mouth.
Profession? I'm trying to start a small business all on my own...but it's slow going. Check out the beginnings.

Small white bump forming on her lower left gum. This was the first day sharpness could be felt and Siena spent all day running her tongue over the funny foreign object in her mouth.
Skill. Leaning in the same direction as cousin Zeke. They both started upright and eventually ended up in this slump.
(I love when Zeke points his toes like this!)SOMETHING BORROWED
R&B's Towel. Shiloh and I forgot ours when we went to the pool on Sunday. It was a little breezy so we were verrrry thankful.

The whole pool crew, minus photographer. Luke is really into tickling these days, evidenced by the sniper hand going towards Siena and the mischievous "smile" on his face.

Daddy's first trip to the pool with his baby fry.

THE CLAW! (I was trying to get Siena to look at the camera. It worked!)

Psst. Nudie under the towel, don't tell!
SOMETHING(s) BLUE
Georgia's gum wad. She had her bridal shower last weekend at Alana's Cafe in Redwood City and had to pop a new piece of gum for every trivia question about Mike that she missed.

Mmm.

Cool recipe book from Mrs. Galliano.

Georgia opening gifts and sister Lexy (prego!) smiling on.

The instructions on the invitation were to bring a gift that Georgia should have because you can't live without it. Apparently this was a clever one.
Color of the day. After church on Sunday we rode our bikes down to Chipotle for lunch. We had a fun surprise encounter with Chris Sullivan (who happened to give Siena a BLUE shirt), which was fun. We made a stop in Central Park on the way home to feed Siena, and then it turned it into a photo shoot.

Glowing. Not from sweat or pregnancy (thank goodness!) but because I have some tricky little lightroom presets that make us look all shimmery. :)

These are my two favorite people in the whole wide world.

I love this picture because I look like I have a big bicep. Shiloh is always telling me I need to lift weights, but if I can keep finagling pictures like this, I won't have to!
And that's all for now. Thanks for reading! Check out the photography blog, and let me know if you'll be a guinea pig for my budding profession. :)













4 comments:
Wonderful pics. "pool fro" is very special, "pruney foot" indicates proper pool time, and the bicep pic means Sam doesn't need to lift, Shiloh.
I thought I was one of your favorite people, too? Who else would feed you guys curried lentils? Love the pool fro, and the claw, and the gum wad, and the bike-trailer champion sign, and of course the creative blog-entry theme... Good work.
Great news about your budding photography efforts. Your pics are really good. And although cute little Miss Dumpling steals the show, I have to say my favorite photo is the blue gum wad. Frameable.
Love the photography business card photo! and the champion flag shot, and the pickle sucker and the bicep shot. Don't forget you lift weights all day long, and increase how much you lift every time you nurse her! ;)
Post a Comment