My tutoring and photography continue to keep me busy, on top of life with the Busy Bee herself, Miss Siena. She is growing up SO fast. We've had some challenges - trying to night-wean; preventing her from pinching faces, poking eyeballs, and drawing on the walls; and a variety of other things. All in all, however, we are terribly, terribly proud of her. We love her fuzzy, blonde afro; her developing vocabulary and "trick" repertoire; and her bubbly, people-loving personality.
We've had a good month because it has been full of time with friends and family. We spent Christmas Eve with the Nicholsons and then zipped back to Davis for Christmas morning with the Sorbellos. Look how much fun we had:
Copper and Ruby duking it out in the back yard:

Copper, happy that Ruby is not pestering her right now:

Ruby, concerned that Copper is coming after her bone:

In the wee morning hours (7am):
We started off the Christmas (Eve) festivities with stockings:

Crosswords are a Nicholson staple:

Andy is clearly ecstatic about his new polarizer:

TJ grubbin' on some Christmas Eve stew:

Grandma helped Siena open some of her presents(Playschool people!):

Siena soon figured out how to do it on her own:

This is where Ruby opened her presents:

In the evening, I tried to get Siena dressed for MPPC's Christmas Eve Service (great message):

Workin' the beret:

Balcony shot of the sanctuary, courtesy of TJ:




Siena is still wholly entertained by pushing Katie around in her chair:

(Insert late-night return to Davis and 6 hours of sleep before...)
Zeke finds "Fork Man" in his stocking:

Siena checks out Luke's new rat. Ewww:

Bethany loves her wee-little-bird:

Per Luke's request, we sang "Happy Birthday" to Jesus and blew out a candle:

Siena is learning some "baby signs" quickly these days. Here's "thank you":

Sara Claus:

Pandemonium!

After a short intermission at home, we headed back to the Sorbellos' for dinner. Siena tried out one of her new hair ties from Aunt Bethany:

Dinner. Yum!

Gracie's Christmas gift to all was a tap dance performance:
The Namesake Auntie never stays in town long. So Siena bids her... :
Some older stuff:
Siena wearing her new Christmas headband from Target's dollar bin:
Siena and Ruby playing safely in the living room:

Siena continues to love both baths and toothbrushes:

More headband action:

A shot from a trip to Dixon's Silveyville Christmas Tree Farm:

*Auld Lang Syne
10 comments:
Love it! Even though I get to see you guys in person, I love your updates and all the pics. Good work Sam!
just saw the link to see what the heck that means...thanks- I have often wondered what we are all singing about :)
I love how you caught Siena turning from her coloring to say SO CLEARLY "Bye bye Grace"
cutie!! thanks for the shoutout, siena. :-)
Sweet pics. I think you and Siena should have worn matching hats to the Christmas Even service :)
Loved the blog! MPPC is a popular church around here--since we've moved we haven't found a church and many of our friends have recommended MPPC--They have another campus in San Mateo--I think we will have to check it out! Also I hope you had a very Merry Christmas, and I hope to get up to Davis one of these days to get in a playdate with Siena!!!
Merry belated Christmas to the Sorbello family! Looks like a wonderful time was had by all, especially your sweet, adorable Siena. She seriously gets more and more cute with every passing month! I hope I get to see her in person sometime soon.
Happy New Year's!
I want not approve on it. I over precise post. Expressly the appellation attracted me to study the whole story.
Nice post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.
Easily I acquiesce in but I about the collection should have more info then it has.
Post a Comment