Thursday, June 09, 2011

Second Half Marathon...Almost

Last weekend I tried to run my second half marathon. It was, of course, raining on the fifth of June. Shiloh, the girls and I arrived at the Vacaville Lagoon at about 7am, ready to rumble. I should have been tipped off about the caliber of this race by the fact that the website had lots of typos, there was no course map to be heard of (for any of the 6+ races offered) and there were no speakers to announce the start, let alone time chips! Joe Friis and I ran together for a confused 12 miles, finishing after 1 hour and 35 minutes. Our friends Katelyn and Katie ran a completely different "half marathon" that same day. At the same place. Trying to run the same course. Hmm.

Well, we enjoyed ourselves more or less and ended up with a good, soggy workout!











1 comment:

The Hollemans said...

I'm still impressed :)