Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Karate Kid

Siena is quite the active little girl... and she only weighs about a pound! She has been practicing her karate moves (jump kick, karate chop, numchuck skills, etc.) with Sam's bladder/stomach/liver as the targets. It is especially fun when we can see the kicks on Sam's belly. I have come home from work to find Sam laying on the couch, with her stomach exposed, watching for kicks. To use a Sarah-ism, it's a lot like star-gazing... only different. :)

Also, Sam is finally showing "for reals." Now that she is visibly pregnant, however, she has changed her mind and would like to put off showing for a little bit longer. Too bad.


Out of sympathy, I have been working on my stomach-contorting when I lift weights during lunchtime. As I often say (to the chagrin of Sam/fam), "Do I look bigger?" :)

3 comments:

The Armstrong Brood said...

Wow, Shi, you look WAY bigger.

Sam, you look gorgeous, george.

Evan and Lyndsey Hendrix said...

Sam you are such an amazing and beautiful mommy to be!!! I miss you so much and can't wait to see you next week!!!!!!!

Gracie Cole said...

shi, you need to get a hold of that picture from when you are little with your pregnant rocks-in-shirt belly. just so we can get an accurate perception of how much bigger you've ACTUALLY gotten. ;)

sam, can't wait to see you and my little middle-namesake. teehee