Monday, May 30, 2011

Celebrating Our Mothers

Mother's Day was nice and low-key this year. We went to the early service at church and then came back to our house for brunch with Grammy, Sarah and the Armstrongs. I made a quiche-thing (that didn't totally set... fail), monkey bread (with whole wheat flour... fail), and fruit salad (hard to mess up... score!). Bethany provided tater-tots and professionally turned the sausages for equal brownness. Grammy entertained the big kids and the dads manned (literally) the babies. It was a great success, ignoring a few food issues. :)











3 comments:

The Hollemans said...

Um...last time I checked, you CANNOT mess up monkey bread :)I am glad you had a nice Mother's Day- you are a fabulous one and all your hard work shows in your kind and thoughtful children.

Grammy said...

Sam is too modest or too hard on herself. I thought all of it was wonderful! And the pictures ... hmmm I think SHILOH entertained all the big kids! :)
Thank you for a wonderful Mothers' Day! I love you!

Gracie Cole said...

looks like a fun time! sorry to have missed it...