I'm having enough trouble naming the three newest additions to our family... suggestions will be happily received.
It all began about a month ago when I was on a pallet-project kick: potting bench, garden stool, home decor... why not a CHICKEN COOP? Especially since my crazy friend Jenn just ordered 30 chicks in the mail a few months prior. And so began my quest to construct a very inexpensive setup for our new Silkie friends.
A zoomed in view of their new abode from the patio:
The front door:
The back door (the site from where we will sneak in and snatch eggs in a few months)
This is how they eat and drink: upcycled grape juice bottle and a dollar-store saucer!
Three Silkies to name: a light-grey, fluffy one; a darker-grey, fluffy one; and a curly-haired one...
Don't they just look huggable??
Yep!
Check out their feet! Good thing they don't use those nails to scratch people!
They even help compost!
Ruby wants a chicken. :)
P.S. I have not forgotten about the month of May. It has a lot of pictures to sort through, so that post may or may not be coming soon. Sorry, Steve. :)









7 comments:
this is really cool Sam! i bet the kids love their new feathered friends. Way to go Super Mom!
Hey Now ;) Ok maybe a little crazy. We are down to 10 now!! Whoop whoop!
Okay, I think it's great YOU are doing this...but don't tell Liz. She wants to put one in OUR backyard! :-( This is the first time I have become a 'NIMBY' person! :-) BTW, great job on the coop!
I'm so jealous. I have almost an acre and can't have chickens! (Must have 3 acres) :( Cute chickens, and coop!
Yay Sam so exciting!!!! Love it!
They are SO CUTE!
NO, Ruby! NO!
Samantha!!! This is so awesome! We are dying to have our own land at some point and raise chickens.
Post a Comment