Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Bath Time

Disclaimer: I am not as entertaining as Shiloh, so bear with me.

On Saturday, Evan and Lyndsey Hendrix were in town from Oregon to support Evan's parents who rode in Foxy's Fall Century bike race. It was great to catch up with them over pizza at Lamppost, watching UCD destroy Iona in football, and playing Settlers of Catan/watching Iron Man. We miss them in Davis!

Waiting for the Hendrix to arrive, we (Katelyn Warne, Carie Brueckner, Katie Reece and Natalie Smith...and Siena) had a girls' morning at the Farmer's Market...



We believe in color coordination...



At Lamppost...



Lyndsey holding Siena (finally)...



Ben and Evan...



Katie and Lyndsey...



Self portrait attempt...



Shiloh has longer arms... :)



We were ahead by so much that Charles needed something to keep him entertained. Shiloh suggested a declined push-up for each point of our score at each touchdown....



Sunday is my favorite day of the week because we get to connect with people at church who we don't always get to see during the week, and then our evenings are full of IM soccer and flag football. This Sunday was slightly more stressful than normal because, though Siena almost slept through the service at FBC, she saved the last few moment of the sermon to have a "blow out." Blow outs are often accompanied by loud grunts and foul odors which would have been enough to send me scooting out of the church, but on this particular day Siena's urine managed to escape and conveniently moisten my jeans so it looked like I had been the pants-wetter.

After church I skipped out on my women's flag football team practice to feed the babe, and then we went to Lamppost for lunch with Grammy and Auntie Sarah. The soccer game was an easy win, the other CoRec football team didn't show up, and the men's team lost by 6 points to their primary IM rivals, the "Dingos."

Monday started off a bit rocky because Siena had spent the whole night grunting, which made for not-so-great sleep. Finally whatever had been troubling her passed, literally. I got her fed and down for a nap just in time to drop her off at Grammy's and whisk off to the ARC with Natalie Smith for a quick work out. In the afternoon I felt ambitious and managed to make a Safeway run, bake banana bread muffins, and even vacuum the dirt my cleats had tracked in Sunday night! Julie DeJong dropped off taco salad for dinner (thanks Julie!) just in time for Shi, Nat and I to scarf it down before people arrived for Bible study. Bible study is my second favorite time of the week. I'm thankful for such great friends! After study, JJ held Siena and talked with Shiloh while I ran around getting things done and relishing my moments with two hands, and then Siena went straight in for a bedtime bath after the Jarvi left. She looked so cute in her bunny ears towel from Auntie Katie that I made Shiloh take some pictures.

The muffins. All gone already.



Siena read the recipe to me from her seat at (on) the table.



After Bible study people stay around to chat and eat dessert. Here JJ and Shiloh are playing a manly version of footsie.



Nat reps the Smiths and holds Siena.



Jen and Katie chatting on the couch...



Shortly after this photo Ben made Hayden cry...



Baby in the tub! Ringworm prevention... ;)



Hungry Siena got distracted by the towel touching her cheek.



Try again.



Snuggle bunny



The end. Let's hope Shiloh wins his trial so he can go back to blogging for the family.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you did great! :) Any blog entry that includes descriptions of gross body excretions and sounds has to be funny, especially when they've happened at such appropriate places, like at church! ;)
Love the bunny towel shots!

Gracie Cole said...

i liked hearing about your favorite times of the week. but i happen to know an insight that others may not: i know your favorite part of the YEAR! yes, you guessed it - it's when I come home! :)

don't worry, at this point i'm counting the days much more religiously than anyone else!

The Armstrong Brood said...

The last photo is incredible.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute.

(Quit bashing yourself. I like your blogging just as much as Shi's. :)

Evan and Lyndsey Hendrix said...

I am so happy that we got to see you guys and finally meet beautiful Siena! I love her and you both!!!! We miss you guys so much and can't wait to see you again when we are down for Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great update and pictures. Glad to hear Siena is functioning just fine! :)

Jennifer said...

Love the snuggle bunny pictures! You blog great!