Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Pro Chiller

Siena's average day at home is brutal. She sleeps for approximately 21 hours/day, nurses for three, and poops whenever she feeeels like it. She is fun to rile up, though. My job, because I can't nurse, is to get her excited about nursing. I've unwrapped her from her cozy blankets, given motivational talks, and forced her to do calisthenics and low-impact aerobics, with minimal success. The great thing about having a preemie like Siena is that we get to share an extra month of life with her. Most parents aren't so lucky. :)

Here's what's going on in Siena's world (it's her world, we just live in it)... Like her car seat, her little crib isn't little enough... so she's been sleeping in bed with us. Sadly (but cutely), she sleeps best on Sam's chest while Sam's trying to get her to nurse.



























Here I am doing my best to wake her up and keep her up. Not only does she look like her mama, she is ticklish like her mama! :)






























Here is a picture of us doing exercises to wake up...































Great success! She's ready to nurse!






























Jen (and JJ) Jarvis came over Sunday afternoon to give us a present and practice her cuddle skills (she is due in April).



















Sam's parents also have been very helpful these past few days, which is especially nice because Shiloh's family is quarantined with a cold/flu of some kind. Dennis accomplished some major tasks on our to-do list around the house (thanks!). And here is Chris holding her first grandbaby... Siena is obviously quite comfortable.






























Siena lounging in Grandma Chris's arms...





















Some pictures of our sleeping Siena...






















































The look of INTENSITY... or of dropping a hot one.



















When Dennis wasn't working... he had his turn holding Siena.











































Asleep with Grandpa Dennis...



































And, here is Siena's "stink-eye" look... don't mess with her.










6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was trying to decide which picture I like best and I started sounding like a children's book... and that one and that one and that one, too, and...
Thank you! I need photos until I am certified germ-free so I can come back to get a Siena fix.
love you 3

Evan and Lyndsey Hendrix said...

Thanks for the updates!!! Siena is growing more beautiful with every picture! Can't wait to see you all soon!

Alex said...

Gosh, she's so cute! And your guys' blog cracks me up. Thanks for the hilarious commentary Shiloh!

The Armstrong Brood said...

Hee hee! The stink eye! What a little character. Ah, you have a chest sleeper, eh? Wonder if she'll pull a Luke and have it last 17 months :) (although what a small window of time in the big scheme of things, and how preciously, preciously sweet... it will not always be that she wants to be cuddled! "DOWN!")

Gracie Cole said...

the pirate eye still gets me... yarrrgh it runs in me blood!

Anonymous said...

I am CRACKING UP over here. Seriously, you guys have some hysterically cute pictures! Stink eye, crinkled nose, tongue stuck out, hands behind the head ... that is some serious talent little Siena has.

Oh, and our preemie chest-sleeper is sleeping soundly in his bed, and has been for about 6 years now. We promise it doesn't last very long! We hope.

~ Rebekah K.