Friday, September 26, 2008

Wake-up Call

Siena seems to think that sleeping the day away is a good idea. This has resulted in her being a little restless at night, when we are trying to sleep. Someone has to give. And, unfortunately for Siena, it isn't going to be her parents. To reverse this alarming pattern, I have initiated Operation Wake-up Call. This is a glimpse into what that entails... (with a little too much camera time for my chin):




We had some Woodlander love tonight. The Ganyos brought some tasty chicken soup for dinner and let me play "Sniper" - meaning I threw a big Swiss ball at 4 year-old Hayden Ganyo as he sprinted across the lawn. He would go flying when I hit him. This game ended in tears (his, not mine), but I'm pretty sure we both had a blast... no pun intended.

Later tonight, we went to Justin and Natalie Smith's house (in Woodland) and watched Leatherheads. I don't recommend it, unless you like sleeping through movies. It was great hanging with them, though. Natalie had fun holding Siena, but Justin isn't ready for that kind of commitment. Watch...

6 comments:

The Armstrong Brood said...

Sheesh, if we all only got that much attention for yawning.

Must have been nice to get out of the house, eh?

Evan and Lyndsey Hendrix said...

I think these are my favorite videos so far! So great :)

Anonymous said...

Great video of you trying to wake her up! I loved the first little response, where she lifts her eyebrows but the little eyes just coooouldn't open. I've felt like that before. But then I didn't have someone do a follow up massage-the-face-alarm-clock routine.
We wish you both (Sam and Shi) sleep...

Gracie Cole said...

yes, the eyebrows say it all. love it!

Rebekah said...

You are a mean, mean Daddy. ;)

Hope she gives you guys a rest soon!

jenna marie said...

I thought you were never supposed to wake a sleeping baby? Maybe that's an old wives tale :-)